So, backstory. In Atlantis, Strange picked up a cursed potion that boosts one's magical power at the expense of things like "rational decision making" and "morals." In the Celebration, Strange learned that his wife Arabella isn't actually dead, but is held captive in his world's realm of Faerie. So naturally the sensible thing to do is to chug the potion and try to summon the faerie who kidnapped Arabella despite having no idea who the faerie is in the first place.
Obviously this does not work. That magical boost gives Strange enough power to summon a faerie, but instead, on Day 76 he summons an ice faerie who's a bit of a dick. Nothing actively harmful will happen to the characters, but for the entire day, the ice faerie will be hanging around, just generally causing trouble and making things inconvenient for everybody. Most of the cold effects will be hanging around the carnival but some will slip through into Alola. Notably...
( more details under the cut, click the cut y'all )
|WELCOME TO THE SHOW!↴|
Or, more specifically, Lost Carnival's test drive meme! This is an opportunity to try out your characters in the setting before you apply, or to put together samples for characters you've never played before. There are going to be options for both new arrivals and veteran characters. Before we get started, let's lay down some details:
- You can read the full premise here.
- Reserves and Applications are both currently OPEN.
- You can apply as a newcomer or as a "veteran" character who has been in the carnival for up to three years. In the case of veteran characters, you will need to come up with an explanation of why they haven't been around the carnival recently.
- TDM threads can be used as game canon after the fact if both characters are accepted and the players agree to it.
- If you are interested in additional IC and OOC plot responsibilities, consider applying for a Supervisor position. Treasurer, and Wardrobe Manager are currently open. More roles that currently need filling are listed here!
( PROMPTS ARE WITHIN! )